Frequently Asked Questions



How do I get a salesperson license?
In order to obtain a California salesperson license, you need to take three classes.  The classes are

  1. Real Estate Principles
  2. Real Estate Practice
  3. An elective course that you pick from a list.

NOTE:  If you have taken economics, accounting or business law in college, no matter how long ago and you passed with a "C" or better, the elective may not need to be taken again!  Call our office with any questions.

Once you finish these courses, you pass the RE exam, go through a background check and you will be issued a license!  Call our office to discuss salesperson options today!


How do I get a brokers license?
To obtain a brokers license, you need fulfill both an education requirement and an experience one.

Education requirement:
Applicants for a RE broker license examination must have successfully completed eight of the following statutorily required college-level courses:

  1. Real Estate Practice; and
  2. Legal Aspects of Real Estate; and
  3. Real Estate Finance; and
  4. Real Estate Appraisal; and
  5. Real Estate Economics or Accounting; and
  6. Three1 courses from the following list
    • Real Estate Principles
    • Business Law
    • Property Management
    • Escrow
    • Real Estate Office Administration
    • Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending
    • Advanced Legal Aspects of Real Estate
    • Advanced Real Estate Finance
    • Advanced Real Estate Appraisal
    • Computer Applications in Real Estate
    • Common Interest Developments

1 - If both RE Economics and Accounting are taken, only two courses from the above group are required.

Please check our registration page to see the courses we currently offer!

Experience requirement:

In order to obtain a brokers license you must be able to say “yes” to one of the following:

  1. Two years of full-time experience as a licensed RE salesperson.
  2. An applicant with a degree from an accredited four year college or university which included a major or minor in real estate may be exempt from the two-year salesperson experience requirement. This may be verified by submitting a copy of the transcript showing the degree earned.



Members of the California State Bar are statutorily exempt from the college-level course requirements. Evidence of admission to practice Law in California must be furnished, such as a photocopy of both sides of a California State Bar membership card. However, members of the California State Bar would still need to demonstrate that they have satisfied the two years full-time licensed salesperson experience within the last five years requirement or have at least two years real estate related experience within the last five years while practicing law in California.

Back to Top

What’s the difference between a broker’s license and sales person license?
A brokers license differs from a salesperson license in two principle respects. First as a salesperson in order to do any acts that would require a RE license you need to be under the control and employ of a broker. For example, if you received a sales person license today but had not chosen a broker to work for, you could not do anything that would require a license because your license needs to be hung with a broker in order to conduct any RE related activity.

On the other hand a broker’s license does not require that you be under the control and employ of anyone in order to conduct RE related activities. You are your own walking real estate office.

The next main difference is that a broker can have multiple licenses. Conversely, as a salesperson your license can only be hung with one broker at a time. The salesperson license can be compared to a television set. The only way that television set can be turned on is by having it plugged in to the wall, but you can only plug it in to one outlet at a time.  Similarly a salesperson can only work for one broker at a time. On the other hand a broker can have multiple licenses. For example, the broker can have a one license for a mortgage corporation and another license to sell RE from.

Back to Top

Why is the school called Adhi Schools?
Adhi is a Sanskrit word that meaning “first”. The founders of the school always intended the school to be the first in a number of respects. First we wanted the school to be the first or number one school in California as judged by student satisfaction and passing ratio. We also want to be the first school that the RE community when they want quality education and excellent customer service.

Back to Top

What makes your school different?
Well the truth is at the end of the day, all schools that offer courses approved by the Department of Real Estate are basically going to get you to the same place.  The real question is - What is the journey going to be like in getting you there? Is it going to be easy getting in touch with the school? What if you have questions about some of the course material? Are the people that work at the school, just telephone operators or are they real estate people - all of whom are licensed? We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and an undying commitment to our students. This is probably why major companies like Coldwell Banker, Century 21, Keller Williams and others have all turned to Adhi Schools for their RE education needs.

Back to Top

What can I do with a real estate license in California?
Your RE license in California, allows the licensee to conduct a diverse range of activities. The vast majority of licensees engage primarily in residential brokerage, but the same license allows you to do commercial sales and leasing and also permits you to sell land, business opportunities and become a mortgage loan broker.  There are other things as well that you can do with a RE license, like mineral oil and gas brokerage and property management as a broker.

Back to Top

Is your site secure?
Our site has up to 256-bit SSL encryption technology to ensure that your credit card information is secure when ordering. Also we never sell, rent, or lease information your without your consent. 

Back to Top

Are your courses approved?
All courses offered by Adhi Schools are 100% reviewed and approved by the California Department of RE and fulfill the requirements when applying for either a salesperson or broker license.

Back to Top